Opportunities for Support
“Better health is central to human happiness and well-being. It also makes an important contribution to economic progress, as healthy populations live longer, are more productive, and save more” - WHO 2017
Health affects everyone at some point. Supporting the best care possible at Prince of Wales Hospital (POWH) is a social investment with measurable outcomes and impacts. Through a relationship with the Prince of Wales Hospital Foundation (POWHF), corporations, groups and associations can demonstrate to their customers, stakeholders and staff a real commitment to helping the best health outcomes for their community.
Prince of Wales Hospital Foundation (POWHF) is the established health promotion charity supporting the (POWH). Since 2004, POWHF has raised more than $30 million in cash and kind to advance the health of Australians by connecting generosity to innovation and excellence in patient care, research, education and health promotion at the Hospital.
Join us making a difference in the health of our community
- Align your organisation’s values with our life saving and life changing work through sponsorship of an activity or program
- Be seen by your customers, stakeholders and staff as an involved socially responsible organisation
- Strongly position your brand and engage a range of multi-level promotional opportunities
- Involve and engage your staff and community with relatable and meaningful activity
There are many opportunities to be involved with us
- Major event ownership or sponsorship
- Sponsorship or partnership activity of a project or program
- Philanthropic support through company trusts and foundations
- Workplace giving
- Support for a specific department, project or health care area
Why support Prince of Wales Hospital Foundation?
- Proven track record – more than $30 million achieved in just 12 years with a small and dedicated team
- A range of program and project needs to suit your social responsibility needs
- Able to directly demonstrate the impact of your support
- Strong positive messaging opportunities for multi-layer communication
- Varied opportunities for staff involvement and engagement
Please contact our Corporate Partnerships Manager Kim Millar at email@example.com or call (02) 9382 4291 to discuss how you can best become involved.
The Prince of Wales Hospital Foundation has received increased support from corporate partners and local businesses over the past twelve months. The impact of corporate support for our work is indisputable and we greatly value our strong relationships with both long time sponsors as well as the new partnerships we are building.
Our sincere thanks to our 2018 partners.
(insert logos below)
Corporate Generosity in Action: Spinal Injury Unit Courtyard Garden Renovation
In 2006, a new outdoor rooftop garden was created outside the Spinal Injury and Rehabilitation Units at the Prince of Wales Hospital. This project was generously sponsored by Bunnings and the Botany Rotary Club and it transformed the outdoor space from a concrete void to a vibrant garden that patients, their families and visitors could use and enjoy.
The Spinal Injury Unit receives 30 new acute cases each year from across NSW through catastrophic events. The average stay on the ward is 120 days but some patients stay for up to one year. Many have to return frequently.
Ten years on the garden is understandably a bit tired and in need of a makeover…
The Colour-mind Garden by Taubmans
We are delighted to announce that through a new corporate partnership between Taubmans and the Prince of Wales Hospital Foundation, the rooftop garden has been transformed into Australia’s first colour-mind garden.
Key features of the new garden
The garden features as a new centrepiece an interactive mural by Dr Stan Rodski, cognitive neuroscientist and creator of the popular ‘Anti-stress colouring-in books for adults’, as recently featured on Oprah’s Xmas list. The colour-mind garden comes off the back of his research that by ‘colouring between the lines’ we can change our ‘brainwaves’ from being in a continual state of ‘BETA’ (pressured and stressed) to a more relaxed state of ‘ALPHA’. Taubmans Brand Ambassador, Shaynna Blaze and Dr Stan chose mood-enhancing colours from the Taubmans range for the mural design which will aid in the mental wellbeing and rehabilitation of patients and provide a calm and positive space for them and their families.
The renovation will also include
- A new turbo 4 burner BBQ
- New plants and painted pots
- New outdoor garden furniture
- Commercial-grade shade sails for sun protection